Subject: Re: PowerBook 140 and MacBSD
To: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
From: Takashi Hamada <hamada@next.etron.kanazawa-it.ac.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/30/1996 17:33:58
At 12:01 96.12.30, "The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood]" >davagatw@Mars.utm.edU wrote:
> BTW, are you saying that you're working on a hardware driver that would
> work for all of them?

Yes.
I am working on the ADB driver which controls the ADB hardware directly.
It should support all of the PB100-series. It is not MRG-based.

In all of the PowerBook models, ADB data is gotten through the PowerManager IC.
So strictly speaking, my ADB driver should be called the PowerManager driver.
Currently, my PowerManager (ADB) driver supports the ADB function only.
But, the PowerManager IC has the other functions, such as serial ports
power, CPU cycling, brightness and contrast of flat display and so on.
In terms of this, I think that it would be better that the PowerManager
driver is supported by MRG.

Bye,

--
 Takashi Hamada