Subject: Re: PowerBook 140 and MacBSD
To: Takashi Hamada <hamada@next.etron.kanazawa-it.ac.jp>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/29/1996 21:01:16
On Mon, 30 Dec 1996, Takashi Hamada wrote:

> Please let me know where did you find that information.
>
> I am making the ADB driver for the PowerBook 100-series now.
> It partially works on the PB170. And it may be completed in a short time.

Specifically, the model in question was a 185, I think, maybe 180?  I lose
track of some of the model numbers.  Anyway, it was MRG-based, not
hardware support.

> If the ADB of the PB100-series has been supported already by another one,
> I would stop this work and would get down to another work. :-)

There's definitely no hardware level support, but I believe that I
remember reading about the 185 using MRG on this list a while back.  Maybe
also something about the 160, though I forget exactly.  I don't recall any
support for the 100, 140, 145, or 170, though I might have missed
something.

BTW, are you saying that you're working on a hardware driver that would
work for all of them?

Later,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |