Subject: Re: Quadra 840AV trouble
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.buf.servtech.com>
From: Stephen C. Brown <sbrown@shellx.best.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/28/1996 11:07:31
>Hi all, I just started trying out MacBSD on my Q8409AV since the latest
>info sez it should be feasible. I d/l'ed the following:
>netbsd12

This is your problem right here.  The official 1.2 release kernel came out
before the support for the quadra scsi chip was mainstream.  I think it's
also missing quite a few other enhancements.  You probably want to try
GENERIC 17, which should be available from:

        ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/kernels/GENERIC-17

This is known to work on the *AV systems and should let you boot with
no problems.

>Then it went to what I'm assuming would be the root login screen/info.
>Everything looked okay, but right after it sensed NuBus, it said
>"arghh, no boot device!!!!"

This is a clear indication of the lack of quadra scsi support in netbsd12.

Steve Brown,
sbrown@best.com