Subject: Re: ARGH X
To: James Scott <jscott@MNSi.Net>
From: John Plotecher <jplotech@diisd.k12.mi.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/27/1996 21:33:20
Hi James, it sounds like you're putting the wrong lines in the wrong
places. Try this...

Edit your /etc/rc.local file and add the line "ldconfig /usr/X11R6/lib".
Then, cd to your home directory and edit the configuration file for the
shell you use (if you're using csh, it will be called .cshrc). Edit the
file and look for a line in it with "set path" in it. Add the entry
"/usr/X11R6/bin" to that line; that line in my .cshrc file looks like
"set path=(/usr /usr/bin ...more directory entries, spaces between
them... /usr/X11R6/bin)".

Next, check your .xinitrc file. It should be in your home directory.
Every entry in this file except the one you want to use to control the
session should have an "&" after it. For example, mine looks like this:

xlogo &
xterm &
twm

so when I exit twm, the X session quits.

Hopefully, this will get X working for you!

John Plotecher
jplotech@diisd.k12.mi.us