Subject: Re: german keyboard support ?
To: Christoph Ewering <eweri@uni-paderborn.de>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@espresso.rhein-neckar.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/27/1996 23:26:33
At 21:00 Uhr +0100 27.12.1996, Christoph Ewering wrote:
>Hello!
>
>Is there any support for german-keyboards in NetBSD ?

There is a German kbd table for dt (if Valtteri Vuorikoski has finally
integrated into 1.1.5 ;), and there is a German Xmodmap somewhere on
puma.macbsd.com (in /pub/NetBSD/X...).

Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a loadable keyboard table in the
kernel ; feel free to work on it. :)
(Look at the dt sources for a start; once upon a time they were copied from
kernel sources; also, the atari and amiga ports have loadable kbd tables).

>It is very confusing to use a german-keyboard with an english
>keymapping.

:)
That's why I sat down and built the tables.

>And the next question, are there any binaries for NetBSD/mac68k
>on a ftp-server?

Please see the MacBSD FAQ on www.macbsd.com.

BTW: Do you realize that your mail client actually doubles your mail?

>Bye,
>	Christoph

>This message was created and sent using the Cyberdog Mail System

	hauke

---