Subject: Re: Install crashes with unimplemented trap
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stuart McLuckie <aaz23@dial.pipex.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/27/1996 22:50:32
I posted the following a day or so ago :

>After successfully installing & booting MacBSD on my LCII, I re-installed
>everything but Installer 1.1 now consistently crashes with an unimplemented
>trap when installing BASE12 (at /bin/sleep). Anyone know what's happening?

Since then I have managed to install & successfully boot once more. I have
the BSD stuff on CD, apart from the GENERIC#15 kernel which I downloaded. I
am installing on an LCII 4/40 with the disk partitioned into 32MB user&root
and 8MB swap. I repeated the whole process of partitioning, mkfs,
installation & build devices but the installation failed consistently; that
is until I specified base12, etc12, man12 and netbsd. Installing only a
'minimal' system (base12, etc12 & netbsd) seems to crash the installer.
Just an observation -- I have no explanation for this wierd behaviour.

        Stuart McLuckie