Subject: Re: Quadra Video Cards?
To: None <jplotech@diisd.k12.mi.us>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@daikichi.nonexistent.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/27/1996 12:41:50
On Thu, 26 Dec 1996 17:43:37 +0000,
John Plotecher <jplotech@diisd.k12.mi.us> wrote:
> I just read from someone that Quadra color video unfortunately won't be
> appearing soon, so I need your help. What inexpensive video cards will
> work with a Quadra 700 and color X? I've been looking at an Apple 8-bit
> card (not an Apple 8-24 card) and an Apple Portrait Display Card.

I'm not sure about the "with a Quadra 700" part, but I think there are
people running kernels with Taras Ivanenko's color grf driver with
their Toby Frame Buffer.  Sorry I don't know its part # or anything,
though.  Those who actually own one might give you some help here.
Anyone?

Oh, and of course, both Taras' color grf driver and my color X server
are experimental, and not meant to be used in the same manner as the
official stuff (i.e. things on ftp.netbsd.org).  Keep in mind that
you're on your own.

Hope this helps,

ken