Subject: Re: STILL can't read the manpages!
To: None <sjh3mr@dukes.stark.k12.oh.us>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@daikichi.nonexistent.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/27/1996 12:52:34
On Thu, 26 Dec 1996 19:34:20 -0400,
sjh3mr@dukes.stark.k12.oh.us (Steven Huwig) wrote:
> will X windows run on an LCIII? I followed the
> download/installation instructions, and everything seemed to go smoothly
> until I typed startx. Then it came back with something like "X:1 Syntax
> error -- redirection unexpected." What does this mean? Thanks -- Steve

Sounds like your ~/.xinirc (if you have one) is the source of the
problem.  But the "X:1" part makes me suspect that this may be an
exotic error...  Did you get X11R6.1 from ftp.netbsd.org or a mirror
site, or did you get one of the older X packages from ftp.macbsd.com?

Anyway, I don't own the model you have, and you'd be better off asking
this on the port-mac68k list publicly (so I cc'ed this message to the
list).

ken