Subject: Re: Quadra Video Cards?
To: John Plotecher <jplotech@diisd.k12.mi.us>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/26/1996 13:27:37
> Would buying a video card for my Quadra let me use color X? Would it be
> a bad purchase (or is working Quadra color video still a long ways off?)

Well, to be perfectly frank, Quadra color video is still a long ways off as
of now. I'm the "guy working on color video" and I'm still debugging the
IIvx/IIsi/IIci video guts. When that's done I may add support for the
DAFB chip in most quadras or I just might pass the project to somebody who
has more time and better access to a Quadra.

The real trick to getting Quadra color working is understanding the DAFB chip.
Right now, I still haven't managed to locate where it is in memory!