Subject: 2 computers, 1 modem.
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: synapse <synapse@gim.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/23/1996 20:35:14
here's my scenario:
I have a Powermac 6200 and a IIvx. the PowerMac runs MacOS and the IIvx
runs NetBSD. i have a modem hooked up my IIvx, and a phone line.
what i want to do is get some internet access for *both* machines at this
level (with one modem and one phone line).
i don't have ethernet, but am considering getting it.  i have a printer
cable connected between the printer ports of both macs and have getty set
up to answer tty01. is there any way i can do this?  i've sucessfully
compiled slirp on my IIvx, but i can't use it, because the getty program is
really flaky and screws up with ending data that quickly. is there a fix
planned or anything?
my other option would be (i hope) pppd. this would create a virtual
network, but i am told NetBSD cannot do this (IP masquerading). is my only
choice to get a Linux box to help me out?
thanks a lot!
  - a
  - a