Subject: Re: What is your config?
To: Travis Franck <travis.franck@cesoft.com>
From: John Plotecher <jplotech@diisd.k12.mi.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/23/1996 17:33:46
Travis,

I downloaded xbase12 from
ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.2/mac68k/X11/, then I downloaded the
latest X server from ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/X. Then I
downloaded madhatter#35.tar.gz from ftp.best.com/pub.s/sbrown/. (Note:
The kernel should NOT be redistributed, as it is not a mainstream
kernel.) After using the Installer to install all of these files, I
booted NetBSD and added /usr/X11R6/bin and /usr/X11R6/lib to my path.
Then, I typed "ldconfig /usr/X11R6/lib" at the prompt. Finally, I used
vi to make a file called .xinitrc in my home directory. It reads like
this:

xterm &
xlogo &
twm

Finally, I typed startx and I was in!

If I were you, I'd add /usr/X11R6/bin and /usr/X11R6/lib to your path in
the configuration file of whatever shell you use, and add "ldconfig
/usr/X11R6/lib" to your /etc/rc file.

(P.S. To leave X, move the mouse until the cursor changes to an X and
hold the button down. In the menu, drag down to Exit and let the button
go.)

Hope this helps!

John Plotecher
jplotech@diisd.k12.mi.us