Subject: "read only file system" and other troubles
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steven Huwig <sjh3mr@dukes.stark.k12.oh.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/23/1996 08:27:53
Hello again,
    Well, I got netbsd to boot, but now I have more problems. Some error
messages I receive when I begin netbsd... "Read-only file system," (yes, I
tried mount -u /.; it comes back with:) "ufs /dev/sd0a on / : specified
device does not match mounted device," "magic number incorrect," "swapon
/dev/sd0b device not configured." Again, I *have* run mkfs and all that. I
partitioned my HD with LaCie's Silverlining; I have tried A/UX 1.0, 2.0,
and 3.0. Also, every time I use the installer or mkfs, it gets a scsi read
error (#5) and continues...

Please help me out here! I'm getting so close, but yet I still have a long
way to go. Thanks

- Steve sjh3mr@dukes.stark.k12.oh.us