Subject: Please help me install NetBSD on an LCIII
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steven Huwig <sjh3mr@dukes.stark.k12.oh.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/23/1996 01:52:07
Hello,
    I have a Macintosh LC III without an FPU. I recently downloaded just
about everything for NetBSD 1.2, including the ADB kernel which (I guess)
is required for LC III's. When I attempt to test this kernel with the
booter, it loads to a certain point and then completely crashes, a
stopwatch on the screen. Also, when I tried to install some files onto my
A/UX partition with Installer 1.1a, it quit with error code 90. I have a
120meg HD internal HD and an 850 meg external (which has the A/UX
partitions). I have run mkfs, and have gone over everything on the
troubleshooting list in the FAQ. I know that there are 20 of you who have
gotten an LCIII to work, some without FPUs...so I'd really appreciate any
input anyone could possibly have about my plight. A step-by-step
installation procedure would be cool, too (though I think I grasp the
concepts well enough). Thank you very much -- Steve
sjh3mr@dukes.stark.k12.oh.us