Subject: GENERIC #16 (notes)
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Benjamin Coburn <btcoburn@ctdnet.acns.nwu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/22/1996 01:06:32
System: PowerBook 180, 8MB RAM, 120MB internal HD, currently no AUX partition.
        (Will have one on an EZ135 when I know I can boot...)

Just thought I'd mention some things that I noticed this afternoon while
trying to boot a GENERIC #16 kernel.

    I thought it was sort of odd that the _mac68k_vrsrc_*'s returned by
the booter would be different depending on wheather I had my external
moniter connected or not. (It also says that it does not have a ROM vector
for my machine when the external moniter is not conected and says it does
when I reconect the moniter.)
    It also hangs *a lot* earlyer when I boot without an external
moniter, at "Getting mapping from MMU.", as aposed to at
"mrg:ADB interupts enabled.". When I once booted it without an external
moniter *and* used the serial console it got all the way down
to "root device:" but it happened to say somthing earlyer in the boot
process about the video that may be interesting,
"Checking for Internal Video get_mapping(): PB/IIvx (0x60?00000).
False start."  (thats on one line)
    When I am using an external moniter (no serial console) and it
hangs at "mrg:ADB interupts enabled." it also prints out this
set of ADB information earlyer:
 adb: bus subsystem
 Got following HwCfgFlags: 0xfd00, 0x 405f3f, 0x 213902, 0x a80e28
Pressing the interupt switch gives:
 Panic switch: PC is 0xa3da46.
 Stoped at   -Debugger+0x6:  unlk  a6
I hope some of this is usefull. This is one cool progect. -btc

--(w/external moniter)--
Serial console flags = 0
Stripping video addr 0xfe100000 'cause pmVersion = 0, not 4.

Set _mac68k_vrsrc_cnt to 0x1.

Set _mac68k_vrsrc_vec to {0x880e 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 }.
--

--(wo/external moniter)--
Serial console flags = 0

Set _mac68k_vrsrc_cnt to 0.

Set _mac68k_vrsrc_vec to {0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 }.

         *      ___     *             Benjamin T. Coburn              *
         *     <%,%>    *      "Insufficient DADA."  -Anonymous       *
         *     ('-')    *  Email:  btcoburn@ctdnet.acns.nwu.edu       *
         *     -"-"-    *  Packet: ke6kxk@ke6lw.#nocal.ca.usa.noam    *
         *  Web: http://ctdnet.acns.nwu.edu/~btcoburn/btcoburn.html   *