Subject: Installing secr11 and secr.tar.gz broke telnet
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: James D. Skee <spiritwalker@mail.resnova.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/20/1996 16:44:20
While I was attempting to get qpopper2.1.4 to compile (which it still
doesn't, but thats a whole other story), I figured out that I needed to
install the security tar file. Now, not only does qpopper still not compile
properly, but whenever I try to telnet into or out of the machine, I get
the message -

/usr/libexec/ld.so: warning: libc.so.12.5: minor version >= 8 expected, using
	it anyway
/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_dst_realm_sz" in telnet:telnet

I am not versed at all with programming, but followed the instructions in
qpopper's INSTALL as close as possible, which is why I decided to install
the secr* tar files. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could give me
an answer before I leave today, so I can at least telnet into my server
from home and work on getting a pop server up.

many many thanks in advance...

ps, it was the lithium battery, if anyone remebers my question about the
broken IIcx powersupplly. Im running MacBSD on a IIci with the cx's power
supply (the IIci's really was fried), and have had no trouble with MacBSD
1.2 up until I installed secr11 and secr.tar.gz from eskimo. Arrghh!!

--
James D. Skee - VC Productions Webmaster, ResNova Software Webmaster
Go see our site (not a single piece of handwritten HTML!) at