Subject: Re: boot panic on 660AV
To: (U)(tra) BONNAVAUD Patrick <fra069t@gl15.fr.lucent.com>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/20/1996 09:53:29
On Fri, 20 Dec 1996, (U)(tra) BONNAVAUD Patrick wrote:

> when I boot with netbsd from ftp://host4.alterity.com/pub/netbsd.gz
> on my quadra I've a panic error
>
> ------------------------------
> video address 0x... -> 0x...  (I've no time to read)
> panic: trap: type 0xf, code 0x0, v 0x0 - no pcb
> (this last line until I reset the mac)
>
> -------------------------------

Please fetch

	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/kernels/GENERIC-17

and let me know whether this improves the situation at all.

> I've a question about the installer,
> How install a non tar file ?
> The kernel netbsd.gz is not a tar, I must GunZip it and made an archive
> the SunTar before install it.

You could also gunzip it, put it in the same folder as the Installer, then
run the `cpin' command from the Mini Shell in the Installer.  This is the
primary reason I've started to distribute kernels are .tar.gz files, by
the way.

--scott