Subject: Q: Best Kernel for IIsi?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Victor Jimenez <vjimenez@awod.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/17/1996 00:48:33
I've been away for the netbsd for a while.  Just today I re-installed my
Netbsd-1.1 from a InfoMagic BSDisc that I had.  The only changes I have
done are that I am using Booter 1.9 to boot the ADBTEST.132 kernel which I
had from a while ago.  I have also installed dt.  The first problem is
getting my iomega zip to work. It will boot from the disk, I just have to
push the disk back in really fast right after it boots into netbsd.  I
really just want to know what kernel would be the best for my setup.  Here
is the computer info.

Macintosh IIsi.  17mb of RAM, and a 50mhz Daystar Cache card (still 68030).
I am using the internal video, a 13" monitor (256 colors), a external
CD-ROM and a Iomega ZIP drive.  I also have a Stylewriter printer if that
is supported.  I do not plan to upgrade to NetBSD-1.2 anytime soon.

If anyone knows of a good kernel that would work best with my machine
please tell me.  Also, is there a way to install binaries from a InfoMagic
BSDisc cd that has the 1.1 binaries from within NetBSD?  I already have the
cdrom loaded as "/cdrom" but I am not sure what command i should use to
laod the binaries. I believe it would be faster in NetBSD than using the
"Installer" program.

Thank you very much,

Victor JImenez.

|         Victor Jimenez         vjimenez@awod.com         |
|      one day, I'll have a real signature of my own!      |