Subject: Re: X on SE/30 and NNTP
To: Duncan McQueen <duncan@visionary.com>
From: Michael Hendrick <mlh@abu.b2.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/16/1996 21:08:39
On Mon, 16 Dec 1996, Duncan McQueen wrote:

> Anyone out there get X to work on an SE/30 with Generic #1 kernel running
> NetBSD 1.2?

I have X running on the internal video under 1.2.  You have to use the
older Xmacbsd server (from puma) as even the latest server on netbsd.org
fails to correctly locate the video start address.

> How about NNTP? (INN or the like, probably only INN)...

I compiled INN 1.4sec, but have not tried it out with an nntp feed.  I'll
admit to cheating though and using the freebsd ports setup to actually
compile it.

--
    mlh@b2.org     |       NetBSD - Mac SE/30      | CSRA Unix Users' Group
(Michael Hendrick) | The ideal 16mhz unix platform |       Aiken, SC