Subject: Re: a bit of newbie help...
To: elliott <elliott@sap.silcon.com>
From: Jason Godfrey <godfreja@adam.cs.uwec.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/16/1996 18:34:02
>Hi there all, this is the first of probably a few help letters. :)
>
>Anyways, I have to minor questions.  First off, how do I add more Telnet
>ports?  Right now telnetd only allows 4 connections at any one time.
>Secondly, how do I get FTP working?  It refuses any connections.  I know
>this may seem a bit basic, but I am also only started fooling with unix a
>year ago. :)

As root, cd to /dev, and then type ./MAKEDEV pty0   This will add 12 more
pty's to your /dev directory.

If you are new to NetBSD/mac68k, I recommend you check out the
NetBSD/mac68k FAQ at http://puma.macbsd.com/macbsd/macbsd-docs/faq/.  It
contains lots of useful information.

Have fun.

Jason Godfrey                                godfreja@adam.cs.uwec.edu
Public Key 889CFB21 = 03 39 5D D7 D6 02 7C 46  CD CB ED 42 9C E6 83 03
http://www.cs.uwec.edu/~godfreja

                2+2=5 for very large values of 2