Subject: Re: another newbie question
To: Michael Peters <sailor@oro.net>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/16/1996 00:54:45
On Sat, 14 Dec 1996, Michael Peters wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Dec 1996, Scott Reynolds wrote:
>
> > I'm surprised there is a problem but it may be due to the keyboard you
> > have.  Is it an Apple Extended Keyboard (or Extended Keyboard II), or one
> > of the standard or compact models?
> >

>   I'm using the little keyboard that came with the LCIII I guess it'd be
> a compact model, though I don't think Apple makes it anymore.

Ah, I see what the problem is.  The vt220 termcap entry expects the up
arrow key (for example) to send an <Esc>[A, and it's sending <Esc>OA,
instead.  The vt100, vt320, vt420, and related entries all seem to want to
use the latter.  I guess that after all these years I will have to learn
about application vs. numeric(?) mode on the DEC keyboards...

--scott