Subject: Re: X troubles
To: Cameron Mellor <cameron@easynet.co.uk>
From: Michael Peters <sailor@oro.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/15/1996 18:37:51
> Can anybody help?  On a (possibly) related note - there's been some traffic

  As I haven't tried X yet, I can't help you here (still recovering from
trying X under MachTen(vm)2.2 *shudder* not a good experience *CRASH*)...
though I'm interested in what the solution may be for when I do try it! :)

> recently about the best kernel for the LC3.  I've had no trouble from this
> one in approx. 3 months, but are there exciting new features that I'm
> missing?  (Why leave working software alone when you can upgrade?!)

  I'm not sure what the best kernel is, but I just installed GENERIC#15,
and have /yet/ to find any bug, after several hours of continuous
use (compiling, telnetting, tinyfugue-ing(yea, everyone plays games, admit
it), ftp-ing etc... I'm especially impressed with the way pppd behaves,
but then, all my comparisons are based on Tennon's MachTen (2.2vm) and
MacPPP system 7.1.x. ... and some linux).  GEN15's the first kernel i've
installed that worked, so I think possibly the newest may be the best
(for the most part).

Still astounded at running REAL UNIX-variety software on my mac,

Michael Donovon Peters