Subject: X troubles
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Cameron Mellor <cameron@easynet.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/15/1996 23:30:28
I've downloaded and installed the 1.2 X distribution (Scott Reynolds', from
8 October), but I can't get it to work on my LC3 (1.2 release, GENERICSBC-1
kernel).  I've done the following set-up:

 . gunzip and untar all 3 files
 . decompress a whole bunch of fonts
 . done "ldconfig /usr/X11R6/lib"

However, if I type "xinit", I get:

<screen goes white>
  Screen 0 at 0x41ad000, 640 by 480, rowB 80, fbbase 0xbf5000.

Then a minute or two later:

  X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
<cursor comes back>

Can anybody help?  On a (possibly) related note - there's been some traffic
recently about the best kernel for the LC3.  I've had no trouble from this
one in approx. 3 months, but are there exciting new features that I'm
missing?  (Why leave working software alone when you can upgrade?!)

Thanks (in advance) for any help.

Cameron