Subject: Re: It LIVES!
To: Michael Peters <sailor@oro.net>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/14/1996 15:01:04
On 12/13/1996 at 10:53 PM -0800, you wrote:

>   First thing that comes to mind is the seeming lack of "adduser" or a
> similar varient.  Do users have to be added manually, or am I missing the
> right command (every box has it's own I've found).

There's discussion of that in the FAQ. There isn't an adduser in the
standard distribution, but there are instructions in the FAQ for doing it
manually. Also, there are pointers to at least two existing adduser scripts
that you can use.

http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/macbsd-docs/faq/
http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/macbsd-docs/meta-faq/

>   Second, and rather petty, is there any way to invert the video so it is
> white text on black display?

I'd love to know this myself. I expect that the answer is "no," though.

>   Thirdly, and last for the moment anyway, will there be any support for
> non-apple ADB devices (like brand-name mice) comming up sometime soon?

Did you get as far as X, or something that needs a mouse? I've got a Little
Mouse ADB, and while I didn't install X, it certainly didn't keep me from
booting.

Anyway, check out the FAQ. It's got an incredible amount of information in it.

--
        Mason Loring Bliss   /\   mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us
      PGPKeyID: 0x25B3D5B5  /()\  Mason_Bliss@p6.f370.n109.z1.fidonet.org