Subject: Re: It LIVES!
To: Michael Peters <sailor@oro.net>
From: Jason Godfrey <godfreja@adam.cs.uwec.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/14/1996 12:30:03
>  Many thanks to all who provided suggestions and help, after removing my
>Kensington 2button mouse, and putting in GENERIC-15, my machine boots
>flawlesly.  Now I just have a couple dumb questions about the innards of
>NetBSD, because it seems some things I'm used to don't exist.
>  First thing that comes to mind is the seeming lack of "adduser" or a
>similar varient.  Do users have to be added manually, or am I missing the
>right command (every box has it's own I've found).

   NetBSD doesn't have an "official" adduser command. You can either add
them manually, or write a script to do it. There are a few pointers to
pre-written scripts at
http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/macbsd-docs/faq/faq-5.html#ss5.2.

>  Second, and rather petty, is there any way to invert the video so it is
>white text on black display?

   dt lets you have the text inverted. It also gives you virtual terminals
on your screen. It's available at
ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/NetBSD/utils/dt/. (Although that might not be the
latest version.)

>  Thirdly, and last for the moment anyway, will there be any support for
>non-apple ADB devices (like brand-name mice) comming up sometime soon?
>
>Thanks for your time and effort.  If anyone needs a test-machine, email
>me, i'd be happy to try to help! =)
>
>Michael Donovon Peters
>
>Obligatory cute .sig here

Jason Godfrey                                godfreja@adam.cs.uwec.edu
Public Key 889CFB21 = 03 39 5D D7 D6 02 7C 46  CD CB ED 42 9C E6 83 03
http://www.cs.uwec.edu/~godfreja

                2+2=5 for very large values of 2