Subject: Re: NetBSD-Mach?
To: Michael Peters <sailor@oro.net>
From: Christian Kuhtz <kuhtz@ix.netcom.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/14/1996 01:13:23
On Fri, 13 Dec 1996 21:15:41 -0800 (PST), Michael Peters <sailor@oro.net> =
wrote:
> > Please correct me if I am incorrect, but didn't Tenon Intersystems
> > base their MachTen OS on Mach?  =46rom what I have heard, it's more that
> > decent and stable.
>=20
> Actually, Tennon's MachTen OS is almost exclusively BSD4.3, from what=20
> I've been able to tell (after using it for about a year), though it may be=20=

> partially mach as well, and I could always be wrong. ;-)

*grin*.. The Mach mk hosts a single server BSD 4.3 in Tenon's MachTen.  =
That's why it looks very much like BSd 4.3 ;-).  One cannot make a more =
beautiful compliment to a Mach-UX implementation...

MachTen is not self-hosting, it is running on top of MacOS last time I =
checked, and this is also the main reason for a lot of the stability issues. =
 So, you got a Mach mk on top of MacOS, with a BSD4.3 Mach server on top of =
the mk.

--
Christian Kuhtz <ckuhtz@paranet.com>                      =
kuhtz@ix.netcom.com