Subject: Re: NetBSD-Mach?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Carnes <carnes@tiger.towson.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/12/1996 00:49:19
> There's probably a reason for that... I'd go as far as to say that Mach
> is a cool research OS (and, that's what it is; a research OS), but
> I'm hesitant to base production servers and workstations on it.

	Please correct me if I am incorrect, but didn't Tenon Intersystems
base their MachTen OS on Mach?  From what I have heard, it's more that
decent and stable.

	And as an aside, wouldn't it be possible [read: technically
possible] to run a Macintosh virtual machine on top of Mach (a la IBM's
VM/CMS) and run multiple OSes simultaneously?

David Carnes
CIS / Towson State University