Subject: Re: Color X
To: @-- ReeD ->- <reed@mork.uni.uiuc.edu>
From: M.R. Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/12/1996 11:18:57
>I really enjoy the UNIX environment, but
>having no color in X-Windows is a huge setback to my usage, and as a
>result, i tend to seldomly use NetBSD and stick mainly to the MacOS
>part... So basically does a color x exist or is there work being done on
>developping one for a IIsi? If it does exist, where could i find it and
>what all would I need to get it to work? Thank you very much!

I'm still working on it. I'm farily close too but don't expect your machine
to be fast enough to do color X very efficently when it works :)

Sorry this is taking so long folks but school is now taking up an immense
amount of my time.

I seem to have the IIvx hardware calls working but there still seems to be
some kind of problem with memory mapping that's causing a hang. IIsi/IIci
support should be pretty simple since the hardware works almost the same way
as the IIvx. The only real difference is the hardware registers are in
slightly different spots which I've managed to locate.

Thanks for your patience!

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill