Subject: Performa 575
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Murdock <fee@tetrahome.tetranet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/11/1996 15:07:48
 I had posted a message regarding the Performa 575 and it's compatibility
with NetBSD a few weeks back.  Since then I've heard and read some things
that have me thoroughly confused as to what processor my machine has.
 According to Apple specs, it's a 68LC040.
 According to Tech Tool 1.1.2 it's a full 68040.
 I can probably pull out the board and just look at it, but I'd have
to clean my desk to get the machine turned around, etc.. bleah.
 Obviously, this little detail makes a big difference on whether my
machine will operate smoothly with NetBSD.  I know that there are other
problems with NetBSD and the Perf 575 (Video, I believe?), but having
a 68040 puts me one step closer at least.  My question is:
Has anyone heard of a 575 with a full 68040?
How is the progress on this particular machine?

 I'm willing to lend any time in testing / developing the kernel for
this machine .. I have a lot to learn about kernel programming, but
I am willing to invest the time if someone cares to give me some
help here and there.
Thanks,
Mark