Subject: Re: NetBSD-Mach?
To: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
From: Rick C. Petty <pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/11/1996 20:21:50
On Wed, 11 Dec 1996, Kevin P. Neal wrote:

> Also, is it just me or does anybody else notice a trend in processors, where
> the chips get simpler and simpler in design of features, while they get
> more and more complex in the instruction path (to increase speed)?

Yes.  And how come if the chips are getting faster, the computers seem to
be getting slower...  And we're not talking emulation here.  [ I don't
mean to start a flame war, I'm just curious ]

--Rick C. Petty,  aka Snoopy                <h1><blink>I hate Netscape!
SQL/Perl/Java/HTML/C++ programmer  http://www.itlabs.umn.edu/~pett0019/
pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu, pett0019@itlabs.umn.edu, rpetty@future.i5.com