Subject: Re: Can't stand vi
To: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
From: Rick C. Petty <pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/10/1996 19:52:02
On Tue, 10 Dec 1996, The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] wrote:

> I haven't figured out a simple way to do that in vi, either, but then I've
> never really tried that hard.  Are there any _good_ word-processing

just like sed & perl?  :s/oldword/newword/g

> programs for X?  Programs that are more like... Mac word processors?  I'm

Try jot or even xemacs isn't that bad.  Framemaker's OK, but I don't know
how many systems it's been ported to.  Plus I don't think it's free.

--Rick C. Petty,  aka Snoopy                <h1><blink>I hate Netscape!
SQL/Perl/Java/HTML/C++ programmer  http://www.itlabs.umn.edu/~pett0019/
pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu, pett0019@itlabs.umn.edu, rpetty@future.i5.com