Subject: Re: NetBSD-Mach?
To: Christian Kuhtz <kuhtz@ix.netcom.com>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/10/1996 09:47:49
On Tue, 10 Dec 1996, Christian Kuhtz wrote:

> Use a Minix filesystem (gasp), since it is so darn easy to implement and
> comes with a wide open license agreement.

I'd like to stick with ext2fs simply because of all the support software
such as the default pager, already installed on an ext2fs filesystem, and
because the Mach3 port of Linux, at least on Powermacs, doesn't seem to
include Minix fs kernel support -- _only_ ext2fs and iso9660 (w/ Rock
Ridge)... at least with DR1....  I'm upgrading to a current system as soon
as it runs on PCI systems (end of this week, hopefully, in beta), so....

Later,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |