Subject: Re: NetBSD-Mach?
To: None <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
From: Nigel Pearson <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/10/1996 10:37:45

> I'm curious.  I know somebody has a Lites-based server out there to run on
> top of the Mach3 Microkernel (of MkLinux fame), which brings a few
> questions to mind:
>
> 1.	Is anyone working on/planning to work on a port of NetBSD to
> Mach3?

	When there is no more work to do on NetBSD, I was thinking of
trying to compile the current Mach kernel on my Quadra 840av. From what
I have read, the hardware in it is _very_ similar to the PowerMac 8100s.

	Of course, that would be after the NetBSD kernel supports all of
the 68k Macs (except the IIfx?) fully, including internal DMA/Ethernet/
Sound/Audio-Video-digitising.

	I reckon about the year 2001.

--
| Nigel Pearson, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au |"so we came up with a golden rule   |
|  Telstra IN Platforms, Sydney, Aust.  | whatever works for you             |