Subject: Re: build world
To: Sean Sweda <sweda@us.itd.umich.edu>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/09/1996 17:12:34
On Mon, 9 Dec 1996, Sean Sweda wrote:

> Anyways,
> I'm hoping someone can give me some tips on how to do this, I remember
> you have to do something about include files, but I'm not sure
> what it is.  Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated...

If your system is reasonably up-to-date (1.2 should work), I'd do the
following:

cd /usr/src/etc; make DESTDIR=/ distrib-dirs
cd /usr/src; make build

The first step may modify permissions or create directories you don't
want to be created, since it tries to canonicalize your tree.  I generally
skip that step and restart the `make install' that is implicit in the
build if there are problems, after creating any necessary directories.

--scott