Subject: Ghostscript/Deskwriter question
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michel Chalufour <michelc@tiac.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/09/1996 17:58:27
The "gs" file in Ghostscript 262 is described in the "whats.what" as being
compiled under NetBSD 1.1.  Does anyone know if this needs to be recompiled
to run properly in 1.2?

I have figured out how to output to my Deskwriter (very old b&w version)
and have it print using "cdjplus.raw" by fixing settings in /etc/printcap
and /etc/rc.local. So now I would like to be able to move on to fancier
printing.

I'm a total beginner with Unix and NetBSD so I'm not sure whether I'm
having a problem because of error or oversight on my part, whether
something's missing, or because some things may have changed from 1.1 to
1.2 which could have an effect on gs.

Clues of problem:

For example, when I do "make install" in "install.stuff" I get the
following message:

mkdir /usr/local/bin
mkdir: /usr/local/bin: File exists
*** Error code 1 (ignored)
for f in gs gsbj gsdj gslj gslp gsnd bdftops font2c ps2ascii ps2epsi ;
   do install -c -m 775 $f /usr/local/bin/$f ; done
install: gslp: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop.

I notice that there is a "gslp.ps" but no "gslp" file in "install.stuff"
and wonder if that is a mistake or if the gslp file is missing from th
collection of files.

Any hints or advice will be much appreciated.