Subject: Re: Can't stand vi
To: Matthew Pritzker <plague@itek.net>
From: Uncle John <happy@dircon.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/09/1996 14:53:56
It's not childish - just unfortunate, given that vi is installed on pretty
much every unix box ever (similarly 'ex' being a close relative ;).

The downside of getting too used to nice editors is that when things go
fubar, you forget how to use things like vi properly!

Ah well... you knew that was going to be the response on the matter of
hating vi, so don't worry too much ;-)

John.

P.S. Bizarrely, I've got to quite like vi.... ;)

--->
At 8:26 9/12/96, Matthew Pritzker wrote:
>I know, it's childish, but I really can't stand vi.
<---

                     "It's not a Bug(TM) it's a Feature"

 ["Bug" is a registered trademark of Microsloth Corp. All wrongs reserved]

    +-+-+ Admin on Monochrome (telnet 138.40.17.10 for more details) +-+-+
                  Email tugs@mono.org || happy@dircon.co.uk