Subject: Re: where to start building kernel
To: None <yama@radical.biotech.okayama-u.ac.jp>
From: None <ken@net5.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/09/1996 16:42:15
> I have another trouble.
> After "config GENERIC", I did "make depend".  I got such error as
>	   make: don't know how to make ashldi3.S. Stop

Aren't you building a kernel out of the current tar file as of
Nov. 30?  If so, I got caught by the same error.  I had to update
src/sys/lib/libkern/arch/m68k/Makefile.inc, and everything went fine
after that.  You might also want to update bcmp.S and bzero.S in the
same directory, as they are dated slightly newer than the Nov. 30 tar
balls (as far as I can tell from looking at the directory on
ftp.iij.ad.jp).  But I'm not sure if it's necessary or optional.

I'm compiling the whole system out of the Nov. 30 tar balls right now,
and this is the only gotcha I've been caught so far except some fsdb
build trouble because of bogus dependencies generated by the old
source files in src/sbin/fsck.

Hope this helps,

ken