Subject: preparing for a move...
To: None <PORT-MAC68K@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Grady Drago - 207-761-3247 <gdrago@fmis02.nsc.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/08/1996 10:34:27
I'm planning on backing up my current BSD partition (I only have a single
user&root partition) and recreating it as a significantly larger one
(650mb). I have several ideas on how to go about doing this,
but I'd appreciate it if someone would care to share their ideas/experiences
concerning to the most efficient, and safe way to accomplish this.

I have two other questions:

-When in X I get console messages everywhere but in xconsole. How can I fix
 this?

-As of late it appears that my modem port /dev/tty00 reported as always
 being in use by CU; however ppp can always open it. How can I tell who is
 currently using a device? (BTW, I don't have ppp running when I try to use cu.)

-finally I know this one is a real dead horse of a question, but is it
 possible to put a swap partition on a device other than my root device?

Thanks,

Grady Drago