Subject: Re: The ping from Hades?
To: None <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/07/1996 18:23:37
> I doubt it affects NetBSD-mac68k, since FreeBSD is immune and evidently,
> there was little sign of trouble with NetBSD-x86, but I thought I'd post
> and ask if anybody had checked on this.
>
> And so help me, if this whole thing is somebody's idea of a sick hoax, I'm
> gonna be more than just a little bit annoyed.

This question really should go to current-users, as this part of the
code (dealing w/ re-assembling packets) is M.I.

I think the answer is "no." There was mention recently of a "ping
vulnerability" which sounds like this problem. I gather we're immune
to it too.

But I gather it IS a concern, just not for us.

Take care,

Bill