Subject: stupid cross compiling question
To: NetBSD/mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Usman Muzaffar <usman@nwu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/07/1996 09:29:35
Hi: a simple question about the the cross-compiling
how-to document:

All those steps concerning re-building gcc and bmake
and utilities and include files... is all that necessary
only for building the netbsd kernel?

I guess my question is: say I want to build emacs
for NetBSD/mac68k on HP-UX; do I need to follow all those
steps and actually install and configure a whole new
development environment on the HP-UX?

Or (wishful thinking, probably) aren't there options
you can give gcc that direct it to make code for
m68k, etc, without having to re-install all those tools
on the HP first?

I apologize in advance for the naivete.
What can I say, I'm new.

E-mail answers, please; I don't subscribe to the list.
thanks,
usman
usman@nwu.edu