Subject: Re: Status of Quadra ports
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@netscape.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/06/1996 13:04:22
Scott Reynolds wrote:

> There's work in progress that may well get these machines up and running.
> SCSI may already be working; the 68LC040 floating point bug (I'm starting
> to feel like a broken record ;-) is understood, now; ADB might not be too
> far off, either, but that all depends on whether the new direct ADB driver
> works with those machines.

The Quadra 605, as well as it "cousins" (LC475, P475/476, LC575,
P575/577/578, LC520, P550, and LC550) all use the Cuda chip.

Right now, at least for me, Cuda support is stalled because I
don't have one of these machines available for me to work on.

If anyone in the Bay Area (San Francisco/San Jose/Oakland) has one they
can loan me for a month or so things would move along faster.

I am working on borrowing one from a friend, but that is not
confirmed yet.

Later,
	--John