Subject: Re: can't write to filesystem
To: Matthew Pritzker <plague@itek.net>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/06/1996 11:25:51
On Fri, 6 Dec 1996, Matthew Pritzker wrote:

> I just got NetBSD up and running on my IIsi-- sort of.  When it comes up
> and fsck auto-runs,  I get a message about:
>
> /dev/rsd4a: Device not configured
> fsck: RUN FSCK MANUALLY

Are you _sure_ that's really sd4a?  Remember that unused SCSI id #'s
aren't counted.  i.e. sd4 is the fourth target, not the 4th ID, so if you
have an internal on id 0, a CD ROM on id 3, and an external on ID 4, the
internal is sd0, the CD ROM is sd1, and the external is sd2... or are CD
ROM drives counted separately... cd0, cd1, cd2, etc... I forget.

The device not configured basically means that there are less than 5 SCSI
devices in the chain, see above.

Hope that helps,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |