Subject: powerbook 520 kernel
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steven Campbell <scampbel@osha.igs.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/06/1996 11:33:56
Hi.  I didn't look before I wrote my message to port-mac68k about a
working kernel for non-FPU Powerbooks.  I didn't know about or look for
Takashi Hamada's kernel for the PB 550c.  When I use it, I get illegal
instructions for just about any command but pwd.  I presume illegal
instruction error is due to the lack of floating point hardware in this
machine.  But I have no way of checking.
But the machine does successfully boot to single-user, but can't run fsck
or any disk-related activities.
But the display does work and the internal keyboard does work.
My question is, based on the sources that Takashi tarred, would someone
be kind enough to build a kernel with FPU_EMULATE turned on?

Thanks,
      Steve