Subject: Re: Status of Quadra ports
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Ostrowick <jon@macaroni.cs.wits.ac.za>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/06/1996 09:49:06
>On Thu, 5 Dec 1996, David Moles wrote:
>
>> According to what info I can scrape up on the web, there hasn't
>> been much done on a Quadra 605 port in some time -- no video,
>> no SCSI, etc. Is this still the case? Is anyone working on it
>> (or on a similar platform such as the LC 57x)?
>
>There's work in progress that may well get these machines up and running.
>SCSI may already be working; the 68LC040 floating point bug (I'm starting

scsi is working. My q800 at home boots fine and works.
my lc 475 does not work at all. it sticks on the "preserving xyz bytes of
netbsd table" message.

>to feel like a broken record ;-) is understood, now; ADB might not be too
>far off, either, but that all depends on whether the new direct ADB driver
>works with those machines.

this is weird to see written, because my q800 does work and it can detect
and use the keyboard...

>X might be a little longer, but it will help if we can at least boot the
>machines in order to collect more data on them.

yes: i *did* notice this: i used my se/30's boot disk except just pointed
the booter at a different kernel. It boots into X on my se/30 but the
quadra didn't do X. It just did not show up at all; not even an error
message on the console.

John Ostrowick
Computer Science Department, University of the Witwatersrand
1 Jan Smuts Ave, Johannesburg, South Africa. 1st Floor, Senate House 1012
Phone: +27 (011) 716-3783
jon@cs.wits.ac.za or jon@macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za or jon@is.co.za
My web page is on my server's: http://macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za/
My ftp site: ftp://macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za/macenroe/pub/
My listserv: subscr@macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za (any message with a body)