Subject: Re: Status of Quadra ports
To: David Moles <deivu@eccosys.com>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/06/1996 00:53:59
On Thu, 5 Dec 1996, David Moles wrote:

> According to what info I can scrape up on the web, there hasn't
> been much done on a Quadra 605 port in some time -- no video,
> no SCSI, etc. Is this still the case? Is anyone working on it
> (or on a similar platform such as the LC 57x)?

There's work in progress that may well get these machines up and running.
SCSI may already be working; the 68LC040 floating point bug (I'm starting
to feel like a broken record ;-) is understood, now; ADB might not be too
far off, either, but that all depends on whether the new direct ADB driver
works with those machines.

X might be a little longer, but it will help if we can at least boot the
machines in order to collect more data on them.

--scott