Subject: Re: Performa 630 FPU issues
To: Jason Godfrey <godfreja@adam.cs.uwec.edu>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/05/1996 21:02:38
On Dec 5, 10:36pm, Jason Godfrey wrote:
>I have had frequent trouble with getting segmentation faults when running
>NetBSD on a Performa 630. This was supposedly due to a bug in the FPU
>emulator. Well, I installed the libm-nomc68881 libraries to hopefully get
>rid of this problem (it worked for Steve Allen on a C610.)
>
>However, I still get frequent segmentation faults. Did I install it wrong
>(putting the stuff in /usr/lib, replacing what was already there) or is
>there something else going on here?

No, I also get a fair number of faults (signals 4, 10 and 11).  I managed
to compile a kernel last night (in a fraction of the time my Mac II takes :)
and it booted multi-user, but I had several dozen faults while building it,
and I suspect the integrity of that kernel.  I just don't get *as many*
faults with the nomc68881 libm as with the standard one.

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - wormey@eskimo.com      http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

"The warning message we sent the Russians was a calculated ambiguity
that would be clearly understood."
		-- Alexander Haig