Subject: Re: C/Q610 Configurations, was: Quadras working?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ray McKinney <ray-m@tamu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/04/1996 20:03:53
I have to add my $0.02:

>The C610 always was an LC040
>The C650 was an LC040 (at least thats been said), and was reintroduced as
>an 040.  Although this kinda goes against apples straegy i think, if it
>was reintroduced, it would probably be a C651, or 655, anyways
>The C660 was always on 040 i belive.
>When the centris line was changed into Quadras, they all bacame full 040s.

The Q610 "DOS Compatible" was released with a 68LC040, so not *all* Quadras
are full 040s. The monitor cable that comes with the Q610/DOS is so heavy,
it broke the solder-joints of the monitor port in back, and I was lucky
enough to get the logic board replaced with a full 68040 in mine under
warranty. I have since taken out the 486 processor, so I have exactly a
Q610 except it has the words "DOS Compatible" glued to my floppy drive.
(And for the record, it has on-board ethernet).

Ray