Subject: Re: ][cx hang at boot time
To: David Lewis <davlew@ix.netcom.com>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/04/1996 14:32:33
On Wed, 4 Dec 1996, David Lewis wrote:

> I just installed the 1.2 kernel version onto my mac IIcx. I have 20M of
> ram, etherport II ethernet card, SuperMac video card and a Syquest EZ
       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ouch.  Three in a row that might cause problems, but not yet.  The EZ
drive will probably require an sbc kernel to avoid all kinds of data
corruption, but that's a good while after the thing's booted.

The ethernet card may be conflicting with the video card, and I believe
the SuperMac card was being a hassle a while back.  Try connecting the
monitor to the system's internal video.  That is, of course, assuming that
nothing else is causing problems (e.g. virtual memory, Ram Doubler,
anything else that mucks with memory in strange ways, 32 bit addressing
must be on, but the booter would have complained, etc.)

> Any ideas?

Yeah, how about wrapping at 80 columns?  :-)

Later,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |