Subject: C/Q610 Configurations, was: Quadras working?
To: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@netscape.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/04/1996 12:16:02
Replying to two different responses.

At 7:51 PM 12/3/96, John P. Wittkoski wrote:
>Henry B. Hotz wrote:
>
>> Does any 610 have motherboard Ethernet?
>
>The Quadra 610's do, I can't speak for the others...

OK, me again.

When it was first introduced the C650 had a low-end model that was missing
the motherboard Ethernet chips and had a 68LC040 for the CPU.  That model
was fairly quickly discontinued and all subsequent C/Q 650's have had the
full 68040 CPU.  The new models probably all had Ethernet as well.

Likewise I'm sure the initial line-up of C610 models had a high-end model
with a full 68040 CPU which was quickly discontinued.

Both of these changes happened long before the C6x0s became the Q6x0s
because of the marketing confusion they generated.

What I'm not sure of is the C610 situation with respect to motherboard
Ethernet.  I *think* the initial line-up of C610s were like the C650s in
that the model which had the full 68040 CPU was the only one that had the
Ethernet chip as well.  This obviously changed before the Centris models
became Quadras.

Is anyone else's memory working better than mine?  Or have we beat this
subject into the ground?