Subject: Re: still x problems
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
From: Stephen C. Brown <sbrown@shellx.best.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/03/1996 22:00:11
>No grf* devices in the dmesg output tells me that we're seeing the same
>problem on the Q6x0 and Q840AV systems (at least).  It would be nice to
>figure this one out.  If I can scrape up a disk, there's a possibility
>that I can borrow some time on a friend's Q650, but I can't make any
>guarantees at the moment.
>
>--scott

Hmmm.  I am seeing the same thing on my Q610.  But, I had assumed that it
was just because the internal video was not supported yet.  Should the
grf* device(s) actually be there when booting off of -current kernels??

If this is indeed an internal video issue, then I have a couple of
questions.  Has anyone gotten a video card to work with the Q610 under
NetBSD??  I am really curious because I know that you can't use a full
length nubus card in the Q610(the internal hard drive sits in the way)
and I'm not sure which of the NetBSD tested video cards are full length
and which are not(if any).

The other question, I guess, is what the status of internal video is
on the quadras.  The last post from Michael Zucca tended to indicate
that internal video on the centris/quadra systems may be a ways off.

Thanks in advance,
Steve Brown
sbrown@best.com