Subject: Re: Quadras working?
To: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
From: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@glue.umd.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/03/1996 22:07:08
>> What is the status of Ethernet on Quadras? Also, with q610s working, will
>> q660avs work also? Outside of the DSP, I don't really know what the
>> differences are.
>
>I think that someone just dragged OpenBSD's SONIC driver out of their
>source tree and has started work on it, but it is supposedly still quite
>buggy.

I dont know what machine you are talking about, maybe what you are saying
is apropriate, but I have been looking into ethernet for the Q660av since I
have one, and kernel support is beginning to come, anyway the Q660/C660s
use an AMD MACE that is bundled into an ASIC along with a 53c94, and I
think some other minor stuff.  I don't see that a driver useing programed
IO should be hard, I don't have the kernel expertise to do it myself, but
for some who know's what he's doing it shouldn't be hard, there is already
a MACE driver in mklinux for one to look at for help.

---------
Christopher R. Bowman
crb@eng.umd.edu
My home page